Welcome to the PS 19 PTA Website
The PS 19 PTA supports the administration, staff and students of P.S. 019 Judith K. Weiss, located at 4318 Katonah Avenue, Bronx, NY. Membership is comprised of “parents” — whether by birth or adoption, step-parents, legally appointed guardians, foster parents, & persons in parental relation to a child — as well as the school’s teachers. Membership to this Association is automatic — no dues are required. Donations, however, are always welcome. For more information, visit our Donations & Fundraising page.
- To provide support and resources to the school for the benefit and educational growth of the children;
- To promote and help develop a cooperative working relationship between the parents and staff of our school;
- To develop parent leadership and build capacity for greater involvement;
- To foster and encourage parent participation on all levels; and
- To provide opportunities and training for parents to participate in school governance and decision-making.
|GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS|
General Membership Meetings are typically held on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
|EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETINGS|
(Members Welcome to Observe)
Executive Board Meetings are typically held on the second Wednesday of each month.
|STUDENT LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETINGS|
Fourth Wednesday of every month.
|NEXT BAKE SALE DATE
(during both lunch periods)
Once a month. Schedule to follow.
When Does the PTA Meet?
General Membership Meetings occur the 4th Wednesday of each month, at 7:00pm, at the school (unless the school is closed). All PTA members are welcome to attend and participate. Non-members are likewise welcome to attend but are not permitted to participate.
- For members – Coffee, tea & snacks will be available – Thank You, Woodlawn Cemetery!
Check out the News & Events Page for information on Executive Board & general membership meetings, upcoming activities & events, and school closings.
How Do I Get Involved?
Just let us know you’re interested! Email us at info@ps019pta (dot) com, call the school, or just talk to a PTA Officer when you see them!
- Want to volunteer for an event, run a Committee, or assist with an activity? Check out the Committees page!
- Want to make a financial, material, or time donation to the PTA? Check out the Donations & Fundraising!
- Want to get involved but don’t know how? Or, do you have a question about the PTA, its activities, or the school? Send us an email!